Der Unterschied zwischen «Karaffieren» und «Dekantieren»
Basic Wine Course Level 1
In this course you will learn how to taste and evaluate a wine correctly. Moreover, you will be able to handle wine like a professional!
The most important thing you can learn about wine is proper tasting technique. That’s why it’s at the centre of our basic wine course. You’ll learn how to taste wines correctly and evaluate them objectively, which is a pleasurable complement to the theory. Additionally, you’ll learn about:
- Pairing wine with food
- How to taste wines properly
- Distinguishing light from full-bodied wines
- Why it’s better to drink wine slightly cooler rather than too warm
Experienced lecturers will help you identify three types of wine and reveal what can be deduced from the label about the contents of the bottle. After the course, you’ll know as much about wine as some professionals – for instance, why a single glass type is sufficient for all wines and why 95% of wines don’t improve with age. Additionally, you’ll learn:
- How to bring order to the diversity of wines
- Proper wine handling
- How to store wine
- Common wine faults and how to recognise them
- How to read a label
Completion of the course is based on course attendance only; there is no final exam. Preparation or follow-up is voluntary and only takes a few hours.
Find a course date and book your course
About this course
- 2 evenings from 18.30 until 21.30.
- You are free to choose the dates for the first and second evenings.
- The course evenings form a sequential programme. Visit the 1st evening before the 2nd one.
- Course dates which are no longer listed are sold out.
Fr. 230.– per person
HFZ Hotelfachschule Zürich-Belvoirpark
Donate the basic wine course as a gift voucher
Delivered to you within 1 or 2 days. Personally/confidentially addressed and in a neutral envelope.
Gleich etwas lernen im Weinblog
So öffnet ein Sommelier Wein und Champagner fachgerecht
Lernen Sie, Weine und Speisen ganz einfach zu kombinieren